The Pint of No Return
The Bavarian-themed village of Leavenworth, Washington, is ready to celebrate Oktoberfest! Thanks to the accordions and beers on tap, everyone is in the holiday spirit, including the documentary film crew of Wish You Were Beer. Even the death of host and star, Mitchell Morgan, can’t rain on this parade…
- Ellie Alexander’s descriptions of the Pacific Northwest will make you want to take a vacation (or move).
- Sloan Krause is one of my favorite main characters. Like Hans, I love seeing the more vulnerable side of her.
- I have good and bad news. The bad news is that I was kidding about the good news. April Ablin is front and center in this book, too.
- Sloan and Mac haven’t been separated for long, so I can understand her hesitation, but I also want Sloan and Garrett to end up together. Side Note: Where can I find a Real Men Wear Lederhosen shirt for my husband?!
- Does anyone else love Chief Meyers? Sure, she’s not the most cheerful cop on the block, but she’s a breath of fresh air.
- The food, music, crowds, and excitement come to life. I felt like I was walking through the Oktoberfest tents with Sloan and Garrett. Thankfully, I woke up without a hangover.
- For once, I knew who the killer was. It seemed so obvious, and I was so frustrated with Sloan for getting herself into a dangerous situation.
- Mystery within a mystery? I hope that Sloan can find out more about her mother.
- I’m a sucker for a sentimental ending, so yes, I did tear up while reading the last page. I’m looking forward to Beyond a Reasonable Stout.
P.S. I’m still suspicious of Kat. What’s up with her?